Focus and Scope
- Altmetrics data analytics of scientific output including:
- Usage: article downloads, HTML clicks, HTML views.
- Social Media mentions including Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, blogs and others.
- News mentions (papers and online).
- Readership and shares on academic networks such as Academia.edu, ResearchGate, Mendeley, Doximity and others.
- Grey literature mentions such as policy documents, white papers, guidelines and others.
- Comparisons of altmetrics data to traditional metrics such as citations for research evaluation
- Development of altmetrics research indicators
- Evaluation of institutions, countries, scientists output with altmetrics data to inform impact
- The effects of scientific output on social issues based on altmetrics analysis.
- Understanding the meaning and usage of altmetrics measures as tools in the scholarly impact arena
The journal is published online as a continuous volume and issue throughout the year. Articles are made available as soon as they are ready to ensure that there are no unnecessary delays in getting content publically available.
Special collections of articles are welcomed and will be published as part of the normal issue, but also within a separate collection page.
Open Access Policy
This journal provides immediate open access to its content on the principle that making research freely available to the public supports a greater global exchange of knowledge.
Authors of articles published remain the copyright holders and grant third parties the right to use, reproduce, and share the article according to the Creative Commons license agreement.
All Levy Library Press content is assigned a Digital Object Identifier (DOI). All metadata is openly available for harvesting by indexing services via OAI-PMH and journals are registered with Open Archives.
As member of CLOCKSS (Controlled Lots of Copies Keep Stuff Safe) our content is regularly archived with many of the world's leading research libraries. The CLOCKSS archive ensures that all Levy Library Press content will always be made available as open access, in any eventuality. We fully support and encourage author self-archiving of all content (sometimes termed 'green' open access). We register all of our journals with SHERPA RoMEO to ensure that the license terms and self-archiving policies of the journals are clear.